2015-10-02

October


 - Oh my, Sorry-oo, the storm is rising! It will be this October's first. I really wish no one is sailing there today...


Too-Tickyyyyy...
-Did you hear something, Sorry-oo, was someone calling me?
- Too-Tickyyyyy...


- Mamma! It was you! Is something wrong, you seem worried? 
- Have you seen any boats lately, Pappa is sailing there, and it has been awfully long...


- No, but I am sure he is alright. Let's wait here, I am sure he will come soon.


- Hey, is that his boat now? It looks familiar...Oh yes, that is him! Pappa, are you alright?


- But of course, dear! I am an old sailor, little storm like that can't stop me...


- Smoooooch!


- Oh, but I almost forgot! The reason I went out there in a first place! Let me get something from the boat...


- I saw a bottle in the sea this morning, and thought it might be something important! It sure took me a while to catch it, the waves were getting bigger by the minute. But let's see now...


- Mumble, mumble, mumble...
- But Pappa, what does it say?
- See, I was right, it was pretty important:


...

Happy October everyone! And just a happy reminder here, that my little giveaway is still on until October 5th. Wishing you all a lovely weekend soon too, and we really have a storm coming, so I am going to stay warm and cozy (and indoors), and you too: take care!

Yours,
Mia

P.S. A special thank you for M for that wonderful storm-card, that was my first inspiration. And not to forger Tove Jansson's Moomins, they never fail to inspire, wish you know them already? If not, here you can get started, happy reading!

15 comments:

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Love this post Mia! So cute and had me wondering too! Have a lovely weekend, xoRobin

jama said...

This post is adorable! Thanks for the smiles today, Mia!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh phew, I was really worried over on Instagram , thank goodness it was alright in the end!!!
Smooching Moomins!! (blush) ;)
Happy weekend my friend,
V x

Jane said...

The best of stories my dear...ones with Moomins and happy endings ;0) Batten down and keep safe xx

Teje said...

Dear Mia, thank you for a sweet story! More of these please! I had a great time in Finland but didn't have time to meet many Moomins. At the airport was a Moomin shop full of excited Japanese! I was so happy to see them and to hear 'aaah' 'ooooh' when they looked all the things! I'm back home and the weather is almost the same as in Finland, a little bit warmer but cloudy and it has been raining almost every day. I hope you didn't have problems with 'Valio' storm. Hugs! x Teje

Simone said...

I love the Moomins. I recently blogged about them after rediscovering them again. Your little scene is lovely and you make a great story teller! :-)

mustakissa said...

Olipa hauskasti kerrottu tarina! Mukavaa viikonloppua!

Unknown said...

You made my day, Mia. Very happy to hear more of their story.
Happy weekend..... very windy and cold here but staying busy.

Kisses for L and S!!

Anne
PC22

Lilli said...

Wonderful idea! After reading this I would have liked to dig up my own Moomin toys from my mother's storehouse and start playing with them again :)

-Lilli-

Gillian said...

Great story. It's getting a bit stormy here too. Hopefully not too bad.

Mia said...

Hello sweet Robin, Jama, Vivienne and Jane,

Thank you! Storm at the Moomins Valley was not too bad, and we had it pretty easy here too, in the middle of Finland it was much worst, power cut off's and such.

Wishing you a happy and sunny October!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Teje,

Ihana kuulla, että kotomaan-reissulle osui hyvät säät! Täällä oli viikonloppuna myräkkää, mutta Valio runteli keskiosia Suomesta enemmän, täällä idässä tuuli oli kova mutta ei esimerkiksi sähkökatkoja. Toivottavasti siellä teillä aurinko alkaa taas pilkistellä, ja saatte nauttia kauniista lokakuusta!

Mahtavaa syksyn jatkoa sinulle!

Mia

Mia said...

Hello Simone,

Thank you! I am so happy to hear that Moomins are loved all over, and many seem to re-discover them after childhood, great!

Wishing you sunny October days!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Kiitos Mustakissa,

Ihanaisia lokakuun päiviä myös sinulle!

Aurinkoisin (joskin todella viileän tuulisin) terkuin Mia

Mia said...

Hello sweet Anne, Lilli and Gillian,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Our October days are now pretty and sunny, the storm on the weekend is all gone. It is getting colder though - so a great reason to stay in, snuggle on sofa and read some Moomins and play with the toys!


Sunshine to your October days!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...