2011-07-13

From flowers to Josh

It's been a hot and beautiful summer here, and I feel so blessed: last summer was wonderful too. I was ready (well not ready, you can never be ready but coming to terms with) for a rainy and miserable summer, and was sure to be sitting inside whole summer and feeling blue. Instead I have been working outside and made colors! flowers! beauty! Someone please remind me of this feeling in November when I complain about everything. And guide me back to this post with all these flowers, thank you.



Oh my. Seems a bit much, but this weather just makes these flowers to bloom! And let's face it: there will be just enough months to come when there's no single flower in sight, and making them needs some heavy google-ing and memory-digging. So let's enjoy these while they last.

***

Today seems a bit cooler and windier, which actually is perfect for today. Today is a family-free day for me and my sis, we're hitting some shops, great Spanish-restaurant (me gusta!) and a movie later. We'll opt for DVD probably, as it's an opening night for the last Harry Potter here and we'll leave that for true fans. We just need a bit of an entertainment and maybe a cute guy or two. There would be Trasformers 3 showing here too, and it was a great candidate but lost due to lack of details (we haven't seen either 1 or 2). Following conversation took place while considering:

Me: There would be Transformers 3 too...Likey?
Sis: Is it only robots and stuff?
Me: Maybe, but also Josh Duhamel...
Sis: Yes?!? But will he be wearing a robot-mask? Like all the time?
Me: I dunno - let's have a DVD, shall we?

Wonderful day, dear friends!

Yours,
Mia

21 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - I'm in love with your green bag with the bright orange flower :0)

Enjoy your family free day. A shopping spree, a meal out, followed by a movie sounds like a perfect day. Have fun x

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Mia, Loving all your flower bags! I'm in love with the red with white flowers, brown and no strap. Reminds me of Christmas time.......but not ready for that yet!!!!!! Take care, xoRobin❤

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Just took another look and I think the brown is green!? Sorry.........xoRobin❤

Jane said...

What cheerful, sunny, flower bags Mia, I am so glad you are enjoying your summer as your winter was far too long! They are all too lovely to choose a favourite. Have a wonderful day with your dear sis,
Jane x

Mia said...

Thank you Jill!

Just got home, we had fab time - we need to do this more often!

Happiest week!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Dear Robin,

It's red&green&white and oh yes, it has a teeny bit of Christmas-feel to it (Viv will get a bit worried...) but fortunately lining is red-white-flowered and not that Christmassy!

Have a wonderful and sunny day!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Thank you, Jane!

I think my (current) favorite is blue-pink (I think you guessed that already?) but I just love everything flowered, I bought a pair of white-blue-pink-flowered sneakers today :)

Happy greetings to all of you and kisses to B!

Yours,
Mia

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gorgeous bags with gorgeous flowers which I will remind you of during the 'dark days'!!
Enjoy your girly day and I hope you found a film with some 'cute guys' !!! ;)
Vivienne x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Just read the others comments!!
Please do not mention the 'C' word, it's July!!!!!!!!
V x

Mia said...

Dear Viv,

Thank you so much for the nice comment for my bags! And I knew you wouldn't like the C-word :) and I promise, we'll not start to discuss about it YET, I am enjoying the summer too...

...Have a wonderful day and weekend soon too!

Yours,
Mia

Helen said...

Gorgeous bags,well done you!!
Love Helen xx

Mia said...

Thank you so much, Helen!

Sunshine to you!

Yours,
Mia

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Mia! So beautiful and there just can't be too much flowers!
You have really found 'Your thing' and you are so good with them! I wish you great weekend with your sister!
xxx Teje
PS. I'm wondering what kind of bag you are using yourself?

Mia said...

Hi Teje,

And thank you so much! I love making flowers (and birdies too!) and these bags just keep coming :)

And my bag(s)... I have too many. I am a large-bag-girl ;) as I carry everything I own around everyday. I do not use my own creations enough, and that said I am VERY TEMPTED to keep that light blue-pink-flowered-wooden-handles-bag... Very "me"!

Have a great weekend and many sunny greetings from Finland again!

Yours,
Mia

Pam said...

Oh Mia! such gorgeous bags - again! I don't know how you keep doing it; they're all so beautiful.
P xx

Mia said...

Thank you, Pam!

It's all you my wonderful blogging-friends, your beautiful pictures and gardens that inspire me!

Happy new week!

Yours,
Mia

Anne said...

Mia,
More beautiful bags.....My favorite is the wooden handled pink and blue bag. (Maybe you can keep this one!!)

Happy Monday and best week to you and your sister.

Anne at PlumCreek

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

So glad to hear summer has arrived! We've slipped into Autumn weather at the moment but I don't mind, I get more done when it rains :)

Lovely bags, as always. Hope you had a lovely day out - I haven't seen Transformers (ay of them) either. Bethx

Mia said...

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much!I like the blue-pink-one too (obviously, you know my taste!) a lot...It's so me :)

Happiest new week to you and yours, sunshine from us!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hi Beth!

We've had a great summer, against all the odds! It's an another lovely day again and I am off to work outside again, I love it!

Have a great week again!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...